Payment Methods:By default, we give you several payment methods as seen in the below list. You can also create custom payment methods, or "house accounts". Click HERE to learn more about custom payment methods.
|Cash||Manual cash transaction journal entry (record only).|
|Check||Manual check journal entry (record only).|
|Credit Card||Electronically charge the credit card entered/on file.|
|Gift Certificate||Electronically debit house (ThinkReservations) Gift Certificates.|
|3rd Part Gift Cert.||Other certificate or gift card journal entry (record only).|
|Third Party Credit Card Processor||Manual credit card transaction journal entry (record only).
Use this payment method for example if you ran the customer's card in you terminal.
Used to record a transfer of funds from one bill to another.
Click HERE for details on how to use this method.
|Custom payment methods||Custom payment methods are also a journal entry (record only).
Click HERE for details on using custom payment methods.
Follow the steps below to create or record a new payment.
- Open the bill or reservation that needs to have a new payment applied.
- Note the existing entries if any in the Payments section.
- Click NEW PAYMENT under the Payments section. A new record entry is added for you to edit.
- Click on the drop-down to change the type of payment.
- Edit the date of the payment if you need to change it from today.
- Enter a note for your record in the Ref # box. This note does not show in the emails to your customers but is on the printed bills.
- Enter the amount of the payment in the box to the right.
- Click Save to save the record to the system.
Related: How to Charge a Credit Card