What's an iCal link?
This link is called an iCal, or iCalendar link. When the unit is unavailable due to a blackout or reservation, the date is marked as "occupied". There are many services such as Homeaway, VRBO, Flipkey, and GlampingHub that support importing this iCal feed to update inventory of units on their system. This means that the business don't have to manually update their calendar every time they get a reservation.
Here is an example iCal link:
How do I use the iCal Links?
The process is generally very similar. Here is a basic outline:
- Log into the service you wish to use the iCal links with.
- Navigate to the calendar page for your first room/unit.
- Look for an Import or Import/Export link or button.
- Indicate that you wish to import an "Other" iCal calendar.
- Paste the corresponding link for that room/unit copied from ThinkReservations.
- Repeat for each room/unit.
Where do you get the iCal links?
In ThinkReservations, navigate to Settings and click on iCal Links under Channel Management. If you are already logged in to ThinkReservations simply click here: iCal Links
(ThinkReservations → Settings → iCal Links)
Above is an example of the iCal links page.
If you have any questions, please reach out to support!