1) To create a new empty invoice or bill simply click the green New Bill button at the top right above the calendar. This will create a new blank bill with no rooms associated.
2) To add Items, click Add Item.
3) Choose the Item Category (if applicable) and/or the Item you would like to add to the bill from the drop-down. If you have not set up Item Categories, you will only see one drop-down with your full list of Items.
Note: Creating Item Categories can help with managing large numbers of Items. Navigate to Settings > Item Categories. Click New to create names for your categories. Once your categories have been created, you'll be able to easily assign each of your Items. To do this, go to Settings > Items. Open your first Item. From the drop-down labeled Item Category, select the appropriate option and click Save. Once you have assigned Item Categories, you will select the category first, and then the Item, when adding Items to a bill or reservation.
4) At this point, you can change the price and date of fulfillment, if needed.
5) Click Save to add the item.
6) Repeat this process for each item that needs to be added.
7) On the left side of the page add the customer information. If you will need to send them an email receipt make sure to retain an email address.
8) At the bottom of the page under "Payments" you can record the customer's payment(s) for the bill. After your customer has paid, send an email receipt or print a bill.
- To send an email, choose the email template you'd like to send using the drop-down menu under the EMAILS section of bill in the bottom left. Click Customize to preview and edit the email OR click Send to send the personalized version of the template as-is.
- To print a bill, click on the printer icon in the top left of the bill and select the template you'd like to print. The printer dialogue box will appear. Make any updates to the printer settings and click Print.