ThinkReservations integrations with door lock solution OpenKey. OpenKey allows your guests to use their own phones to unlock their door. Learn more about OpenKey here, or click here to schedule a demo.
ThinkReservations has a one-way connection with OpenKey. This means that ThinkReservations is able to automatically send relevant guest information to OpenKey to allow them to handle the digital key experience to the right guests, at the right time.
Connecting your OpenKey account to ThinkReservations
OpenKey will provide you with two pieces of information: a "Public Key" and a "Private Key". These keys will be used to give ThinkReservations access to your OpenKey account.
- Navigate to ThinkReservations > Settings > Marketplace
- Click Learn More on the OpenKey tile. You will be taken to the OpenKey overview page.
- Click the green Add application button on the OpenKey overview page. You will be taken to the OpenKey settings page. (Settings > OpenKey)
- Change the STATUS to "Enabled" and enter the PUBLIC KEY and the PRIVATE KEY, provided to you by OpenKey, into the appropriate boxes.
- Click the Save button at the bottom. At this point, the integration will be live.
- CRITICAL STEP: Test with your OpenKey Account Manager to confirm that everything is working as it should.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT change these credentials. If there are any edits made to either the Public Key or the Private Key, after the integration has been activated and tested, the integration between ThinkReservations and OpenKey will break and the data between the two systems will stop flowing.