ThinkReservations supports Google Analytics 4, also known as GA4, directly with your online booking engine. We recommend you set up GA4 as soon as possible so you can start gathering data. Even if you are using Universal Analytics, you can use GA4. This way, you can still take advantage of the tracking details available in Universal Analytics while you can.
The code to support GA4 is already added to the booking engine - it simply needs to be enabled in ThinkReservations. Follow these steps to start using your GA4 account with your ThinkReservations booking engine:
- Enable GA4 onto your website first. Make the switch to GA4.
- Locate your Measurement ID, also known as your "G-" ID in your Google Analytics account for step 4.
- Log in to ThinkReservations and navigate to Settings > Business Settings
- Paste your ID into the Measurement ID field.
- Click Save.
Once you complete the above steps, data from the Booking Engine will be shared with Google for tracking.
- Universal Analytics will stop collecting data on July 1st, 2023 (October 1st, 2023 for 360 Univeral Analytics).
- You will be able to view Universal Analytics data for at least 6 months after (January 2024, or April 2024 for 360).
- You can use Universal Analytics and Google Analytics 4 simultaneously.