In order to connect your ThinkReservations account with your RemoteLock account, please follow the below 10 steps. Make sure to take note that the very first sync will happen around midnight.
- Navigate to Settings
- Scroll down to the Applications section and click on Marketplace
- Find the RemoteLock application and click on Learn More. Then choose "Add Application" on the top left
- On the left side navigation, you will now see RemoteLock in the Applications section. Click on RemoteLock.
- You will now connect your RemoteLock account to your ThinkReservations account. Click on the Login to Remote Lock link to establish the connection.
- You will be prompted to log into RemoteLock if you are not already logged in. Click on Authorize to establish the connection.
- You will now see a mapping page where you will assign each room in ThinkReservations to specific locks in RemoteLock. A room may be associated to multiple locks, for instance their own room as well as a front door. An example of this mapping page is shown below. Select the appropriate locks for each room and click on Save.
- At the top of the mapping page, click the link that says "Edit configuration." On this page, you can configure how the integration should function, as shown below.
- Default Activation Time is when codes automatically begin working for the door. Note that codes are generated 2 days before arrival, at which point you have the ability to send the code to the guest by text or email. However, the code will not work for the lock until this activation time, which is always on the day of the reservation's check-in.
- Default Deactivation Time is when the key will automatically stop working. This is always on the day of the reservation's check out.
- Decide if you want to automatically remove code access when the reservation is marked as "checked out." Not that this will deactivate the guest's code for ALL doors their code had access to. If you choose "No," codes will just deactivate at the default deactivation time regardless of reservation status.
- Choose how many days before arrival that codes should be generated. The perk of making this a higher number is that you can provide a guest with their code further in advance. That said, your locks may have a limit of how many codes can be configured at once. For instance, if all guests have a unique code to the front door of the building, you may not be able to create codes as far in advance due to how many codes would need to be configured at once to accommodate all guests coming in that timeframe. Additionally, if you use the last four digits of phone number as the code, you could run into a situation where multiple guests who have active codes share the same last four digits. In this case, if one person already has that code (let's pretend the code is 3475) then the next guest with that as the last four digits of their phone would be given a randomized code that isn't already taken.
- The Pin Generation section allows you to choose whether default codes should be randomized 4-digit codes or based on the guest's phone number. If the guest doesn't have a number in the "Cell Phone" field, it will instead use the last 4 digits of the number in the "Phone" field. If that field is empty to, it will use the "Work Phone" field.
- The connection is now complete. Starting at midnight tonight, the system will synchronize all reservations within the next 2 days to RemoteLock. Any changes to those reservations will be immediately synchronized to RemoteLock.
Please note: After you connect to RemoteLock for the first time, it will take one overnight to sync. Starting at midnight tonight, the system will synchronize all reservations within the next 2 days to RemoteLock. Any changes to those reservations will be immediately synchronized to RemoteLock.