Update invoice to reflect chargeback
If the customer received their funds back through the chargeback process then you need to record that manually so your staff doesn't accidentally refund again. To update a bill or reservation that had a chargeback, follow the below steps:
- Open the reservation or bill in question.
- Click one of the green Payment buttons.
- Update the amount to be adjusted. Put a dash or hyphen in front of the amount to show it's in the negative.
- Change the payment type to Third Party Credit Card Processor.
- Optional: Enter a note in the Reference Number box.
- Optional: Update the payment date to when the payment should be, if not today.
- Click Take Payment
This payment will update the bill to show that funds have been removed for the amount, date, and note specified.