ThinkReservations allows you to configure pricing in multiple rate types for each room for the next two years. We recommend that you overview your pricing and restrictions on a weekly basis for just a few minutes to see if any manual changes need to be made or to enter pricing at the end of your Calendar. Follow the six steps below to set your pricing for each rate type.
If you prefer a video demonstration, click HERE.
1.) Click settings in the black bar in the top right.
2.) Click Rate Types on the left.
3.) Click on the rate type that you wish to edit. These changes are per rate type. If you have more than one, you will need to make the changes for each as they apply to you.
Make sure that you have the box checked next to the rooms that belong in this rate type.
4.) Inside the rate type, click Rates & Restrictions tab at the top. Here you will see a special version of the Calendar where you can enter new pricing or edit the pricing currently set. Each block or cell is a room-date pair where you can set the appropriate rate. This is also where you program other restrictions, such as your Minimum nights.
5.) Edit the prices on the Calendar to set them as you wish. See below for more help on how to best do that.
Editing the number on the Edit Rate Type Calendar.
There are three ways or options to configure your pricing using the Calendar:
Option 1 - Direct Edit
Click directly on the value in the block you want to change. This gives you a text box where you can change the restriction for that block or specific room-date pair.
Click multiple blocks that you want to change. Move your cursor until you get the large white + plus sign. You can click and drag to select multiple blocks. Selected blocks will be highlighted in blue. When done selecting, click the Modify button to change the values you have selected.
Option 3 - Simple Select, Modify
Use the Simple Select tool. The Simple Select tool lets you choose across 730 days of dates and rooms. This is the easiest option for setting bulk rates.
Like Option 2 above, Option 3 is a two-step process. Select what you want to modify, and then modify what you have selected.
Click the orange Simple Select button at the top. (Choose one price group at a time.)
- In the pop-up, modify the following:
- DATE range to include as much time as you wish, up to 2 years into the future.
- ROOM TYPES to include the rooms that you wish to modify.
- Days of the week you wish to select.
In the below example of the Simple Select popup, we would use the following to select the four suites Sunday through Thursday for the month of February 2017. Note the check boxes that are checked and cleared. When we later click "Modify," we are going to modify the values for what we have selected: all suites, for weekdays, for the month of February, all at time.
- Click Select in the popup to select the blocks, as you have indicated in the above step.
- You can make an additional selection now if you need to. If you messed up, you can click Clear Selection and start again.
Verify you have selected the desired blocks visually on the Calendar. They will be highlighted in a light blue, similar to how the weekends are highlighted. You can also see exactly how many blocks are selected just above the Calendar.
- Click the Modify button to change the value of the selected blocks.
- Click Clear Selection to deselect the currently highlighted blocks so you can make a new selection and continue editing.
- Complete Steps 1 through 6 again for each value you need to change for other dates/seasons and other rooms. Please don't forget step 6.
8. Important final step. Once you are done, please check your work and then click the orange Save button at the top right. Once you save, there is no undo.
Complete for each rate type you need to modify. Rate types are not linked to one another.