In ThinkReservations, you can add a message to the right of your business image on the first page of your online booking engine. To add a message to your Booking Engine's "search page", Navigate to Settings > Booking Engine under the "Business Configuration" section.
Scroll down to Search Page Message, then check the box next to Display notification on the Search Page (first page of the booking engine) to enable it.
You can then enter verbiage for your message's Header and Content.
- The "Header" text will be displayed in all caps and bold.
- The "Content" text is where you will put the bulk of your message.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page when done to commit your changes.
You can also choose whether or not the message appears on the Top or Bottom of the page. See below for examples:
The message supports limited HTML. Use the below code in the Content box to manipulate the text as you see fit.
|Example code for "Content" box in settings:||Result as seen on booking engine by guests:|
|<b>bold</b> or <strong>bold</strong>||bold|
|<b><i><u>bold, italic, and underlined</u></i></b>||bold, italic, and underlined|
|HTML Entities such as:|
|<br />||line break/new paragraph|
Required if you need text to go on a new line.
- Avoid Excessive CAPITALIZATION. The header content is all caps automatically. Try not to overdo it. You can leave the "Header" field blank if you like.
- Don't make your content lengthy. The longer it is, the less likely your guests are going to read it. Keep it short and sweet.
- Avoid information that they will get naturally from the booking engine process. For example, you don't need to include information on special weekends that have unique minimums - they will see this when they search those dates.
- Don't include duplicate information that is already on the same page, such as your phone number and email.
- Break up your content with line breaks and bullets to make it easier to read. Use the <br /> tag to create a new line break.